1. Seematter G, Binnert C, Tappy L. Stress and metabolism. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2005;3(1):8-13.
2. Rizza RA, Mandarino LJ, Gerich JE. Cortisol-induced insulin resistance in man: impaired suppression of glucose production and stimulation of glucose utilization due to a postreceptor detect of insulin action. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1982 Jan;54(1):131-8.
3. Seematter G, Binnert C, Tappy L. Stress and metabolism. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2005;3(1):8-13.
Lutgendorf SK, Cole S, Costanzo E, Bradley S, Coffin J, Jabbari S, Rainwater K, Ritchie JM, Yang M, Sood AK. Stress-related mediators stimulate vascular endothelial growth factor secretion by two ovarian cancer cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Oct 1;9(12):4514-21.
4. Antoni MH. Stress management effects on psychological, endocrinological, and immune functioning in men with HIV infection: empirical support for a psychoneuroimmunological model. Stress. 2003; 6(3):173-88.
Ovsiukova MV, Kudriavtseva NN, Obut TA, Amikishieva AV. Anxiolytic effect of the dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate: mu-opioid mechanism. Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2003; 89(5):598-604
Liu PS, Wang PY. DHEA attenuates catecholamine secretion from bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. J Biomed Sci. 2004; 11(2):200-5.
5. Bartsch C. Bartsch H. Jain AK. Laumas KR. Wetterberg L. Urinary melatonin levels in human breast cancer patients. Journal of Neural Transmission - General Section. 52(4):281-94, 1981.
Maestroni GJ. Conti A. Melatonin in human breast cancer tissue: association with nuclear grade and estrogen receptor status. Laboratory Investigation. 1996;75(4):557-61.
Lissoni P, Brivio F, Fumagalli L, Messina G, Secreto G, Romelli B, Fumagalli G, Rovelli F, Colciago M, Brera G. Immune and endocrine mechanisms of advanced cancer-related hypercortisolemia. In Vivo. 2007 Jul-Aug;21(4):647-50.
6. Knutson KL, Spiegel K, Penev P, Van Cauter E. The metabolic consequences of sleep deprivation. Sleep Med Rev. 2007 Jun;11(3):163-78.
7. Klein A. Does endogenous cortisol play a role in the development of cancer?. Medical Hypotheses. 8(2):163-71, 1982
8. Shapot VS, Shelepov VP. Interrelations and trigger mechanisms of homeostatic disorders in a tumor-bearing host. Arkh Patol. 1983;45(8):3-12.
Luecken LJ, Compas BE. Stress, coping and immune function in breast cancer. Ann Behav Med 2002; 24(4):336-44.
9. Sephton SE, Sapolsky RM, Kraemer HC, Spiegel D. Diurnal cortisol rhythm as a predictor of breast cancer survival. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92(12):994-1000.
Andersen B. et al. Stress and immune responses after surgical treatment for regional breast cancer J. Natl. Cancer. Inst. 90(1): 30-36, 1998.
10. Bartsch C. Bartsch H. Jain AK. Laumas KR. Wetterberg L. Urinary melatonin levels in human breast cancer patients. Journal of Neural Transmission - General Section. 52(4):281-94, 1981.
Lissoni P. Tancini G. Barni S. Crispino S. Paolorossi F. Rovelli F. Cattaneo G. Fraschini F. Melatonin increase as predictor for tumor objective response to chemotherapy in advanced cancer patients. Tumori. 74(3):339-45, 1988
Bubenik GA. Blask DE. Brown GM. Maestroni GJ. Pang SF. Reiter RJ. Viswanathan M. Zisapel N. Prospects of the clinical utilization of melatonin. Biological Signals & Receptors. 1998;7(4):195-219.
11. Mormont MC, Waterhouse J, Bleuzen P, Giacchetti S, Jami A, Bogdan A, Lellouch J, Misset JL, Touitou Y, Levi F. Marked 24-h rest/activity rhythms are associated with better quality of life, better response, and longer survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer and good performance status. Clin Cancer Res. 2000 Aug;6(8):3038-45.
12. Eriguchi M, Levi F, Hisa T, Yanagie H, Nonaka Y, Takeda Y. Chronotherapy for cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2003; 57 Suppl 1:92s-95s.
13. Innominato PF, Rich T, Boerner J, Mormont MC, Iacobelli S, Jasmin C, Lévi F. High serum TGFα , TNFα and IL6 correlate with abnormal circadian rhythms in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (MCC). ASCO Annual Meeting, 2004. Abstract No: 9650.
14. Lutgendorf SK, Cole S, Costanzo E, Bradley S, Coffin J, Jabbari S, Rainwater K, Ritchie JM, Yang M, Sood AK. Stress-related mediators stimulate vascular endothelial growth factor secretion by two ovarian cancer cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Oct 1;9(12):4514-21.
15. Mormont MC, Waterhouse J, Bleuzen P, Giacchetti S, Jami A, Bogdan A, Lellouch J, Misset JL, Touitou Y, Levi F. Marked 24-h rest/activity rhythms are associated with better quality of life, better response, and longer survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer and good performance status. Clin Cancer Res. 2000 Aug;6(8):3038-45.
Sephton SE, Sapolsky RM, Kraemer HC, Spiegel D. Diurnal cortisol rhythm as a predictor of breast cancer survival. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92(12):994-1000
16. Lis CG, Grutsch JF, Wood P, You M, Rich I, Hrushesky WJ. Circadian timing in cancer treatment: the biological foundation for an integrative approach. Integr Cancer Ther. 2003 Jun;2(2):105-11.
Kobayashi M, Wood PA, Hrushesky WJ. Circadian chemotherapy for gynecological and genitourinary cancers. Chronobiol Int. 2002 Jan;19(1):237-51.
17. Lissoni P, Messina G, Balestra A, Colciago M, Brivio F, Fumagalli L, Fumagalli G, Parolini D. Efficacy of cancer chemotherapy in relation to synchronization of cortisol rhythm, immune status and psychospiritual profile in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. In Vivo. 2008; 2292):257-62.
18. Lissoni P, Chilelli M, Villa S, Cerizza L, Tancini G. Five years survival in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with chemotherapy alone or chemotherapy and melatonin: a randomized trial. J Pineal Res. 2003 Aug;35(1):12-5.
Cerea G, Vaghi M, Ardizzoia A, Villa S, Bucovec R, Mengo S, Gardani G, Tancini G, Lissoni P. Biomodulation of cancer chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized study of weekly low-dose irinotecan alone versus irinotecan plus the oncostatic pineal hormone melatonin in metastatic colorectal cancer patients progressing on 5-fluorouracil-containing combinations. Anticancer Res. 2003 Mar-Apr;23(2C):1951-4.
Bartsch C, Bartsch H, Karasek M. Melatonin in clinical oncology. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2002 Apr;23 Suppl 1:30-8.
Lissoni P. Is there a role for melatonin in supportive care? Support Care Cancer. 2002 Mar;10(2):110-6.
19. Berger AM, Farr L. The influence of daytime inactivity and nighttime restlessness on cancer-related fatigue. Oncology Nursing Forum 1999; 26(10):1663-71.
Ramos M, Cardoso M, Vaz F, Torres M, García F, Blanco G, González E. Influence of the grade of anxiety and level of cortisol on post-surgical recovery. Actas Esp Psiquiatr. 2008 May;36(3):133-137.
20. Feldman JM. Blalock JA. Urinary free cortisol excretion in patients with metastatic cancer. American Journal of the Medical Sciences. 278(2):149-52, 1979
Sapolsky, R. Glands, gooseflesh, and hormones. In: Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers. W.H. Freeman & Co. 1994. P. 36.
21. Kirschbaum C, Wolf OT, May M, Wippich W, Hellhammer DH. Stress- and treatment-induced elevations of cortisol levels associated with impaired declarative memory in healthy adults. Life Sci 1996;58:1475-83.
22. Stouffer J, Block PB, Koch A, Feng A, Gyllenhaal C, de la Torre M, Tothy P, Nathan D, Block KI. Correlations between Circadian Rhythms and Quality of Life in Cancer Patients. Presented at the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Integrative Oncology, Boston MA, Nov. 9-11, 2006.
23. Winningham M. How exercise mitigates fatigue: implications for people receiving cancer therapy. In R. Carroll-Johnson (ed). The biotherapy of cancer – V. Pittsburgh PA: Oncology Nursing Society; 1992. pp 16-21.
24. Drott C. Svaninger G. Lundholm K. Increased urinary excretion of cortisol and catecholami-NES in malnourished cancer patients. Annals of Surgery. 208(5):645-50, 1988.
25. Liu J, Yang S, Yang X, Chen Z, Li J. [Anticarcinogenic effect and hormonal effect of Cordyceps militaris Link.]. [Anticarcinogenic effect and hormonal effect of Cordyceps militaris Link.]
26. Tarasov IuA, Sheĭbak VM, Moĭseenok AG. [Adrenal cortex functional activity in pantothenate deficiency and the administration of the vitamin or its derivatives]. Vopr Pitan. 1985 Jul-Aug;(4):51-4.
27. McLeod D. The Herbal Management of Cancer. Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients. August 2001. Available at:. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_2001_August/ai_78177231. Accessed July 4 2008.
29. Chang YS, Seo Y, Gyllenhaal C, Block KI. Panax ginseng: a role in cancer therapy? Integrative Cancer Therapies 2003;
Block KI, Gyllenhaal C, Mead MN. Safety and efficacy of herbal sedatives in cancer care. Integr Cancer Ther. 2004 Jun;3(2):128-48.
30. Berger AM, VonEssen S, Khun BR, Piper BF, Farr L, Agrawal S, Lynch JC, Higginbotham P. Feasibilty of a sleep intervention during adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2002 Nov-Dec;29(10):1431-41.
Berger AM, VonEssen S, Kuhn BR, Piper BF, Agrawal S, Lynch JC, Higginbotham P. Adherence, sleep, and fatigue outcomes after adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy: results of a feasibility intervention study. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2003 May-Jun;30(3):513-22.
31. Li F, Fisher KJ, Harmer P, Irbe D, Tearse RG, Weimer C. Tai chi and self-rated quality of sleep and daytime sleepiness in older adults: a randomized controlled trial. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 Jun;52(6):892-900.
King AC, Oman RF, Brassington GS, Bliwise DL, Haskell WL. Moderate-intensity exercise and self-rated quality of sleep in older adults. A randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 1997 Jan 1;277(1):32-7.
Tanaka H, Shirakawa S. Sleep health, lifestyle and mental health in the Japanese elderly: ensuring sleep to promote a healthy brain and mind. J Psychosom Res. 2004 May;56(5):465-77.
32. Cohen L, Warneke C, Fouladi RT, Rodriguez MA, Chaoul-Reich A. Psychological adjustment and sleep quality in a randomized trial of the effects of a Tibetan yoga intervention in patients with lymphoma. Cancer. 2004 May 15;100(10):2253-60
33. Raglin J, Barzdukas A. Overtraining in athletes. The challenge of prevention. ACSM Health Fitness J. 1999; 3:27-31.
34. Markus CR. Panhuysen G. Tuiten A. Koppeschaar H. Fekkes D. Peters ML. Does carbohydrate-rich, protein-poor food prevent a deterioration of mood and cognitive performance of stress-prone subjects when subjected to a stressful task?. Appetite. 31(1):49-65, 1998
Markus R. Panhuysen G. Tuiten A. Koppeschaar H. Effects of food on cortisol and mood in vulnerable subjects under controllable and uncontrollable stress. Physiology & Behavior. 70(3-4):333-42, 2000.
35. Markus CR. Olivier B. Panhuysen GE. Van Der Gugten J. Alles MS. Tuiten A. Westenberg HG. Fekkes D. Koppeschaar HF. de Haan EE. The bovine protein alpha-lactalbumin increases the plasma ratio of tryptophan to the other large neutral amino acids, and in vulnerable subjects raises brain serotonin activity, reduces cortisol concentration, and improves mood under stress. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 71(6):1536-44, 2000
Slag MF, Ahmed M, Gannon MC, Nuttall FQ. Meal stimulation of cortisol secretion: a protein-induced effect. Metabolism 1981;30:1104-8.
36. Venkatraman JT. Feng X. Pendergast D. Effects of dietary fat and endurance exercise on plasma cortisol, prostaglandin E2, interferon-gamma and lipid peroxides in runners. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 20(5):529-36, 2001
Markus CR, Panhuysen G, Jonkman LM, Bachman M. Carbohydrate intake improves cognitive performance of stress-prone individuals under controllable laboratory stress. Br J Nutr 1999; 82(6):457-67.
Markus R, Panhuysen G, Tuiten A, Koppeschaar H. Effects of food on cortisol and mood in vulnerable subjects under controllable and uncontrollable stress. Physiol Behav 2000; 70(3-4):333-42.
Gibson EL, Checkley S, Papadopoulos A, Poon L, Daley S, Wardle J. Increased salivary cortisol reliably induced by a protein-rich midday meal. Psychosom Med. 1999; 61(2):214-24.
Nuttall FQ, Gannon MC, Saeed A, Jordah K, Hoover H. The metabolic response of subjects with type 2 diabetes to a high-protein, weight-maintenance diet. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88(8):3577-83.
37. Chamberlain JG. The possible role of long-chain, omega-3 fatty acids in human brain phylogeny. Perspectives in Biology & Medicine. 39(3):436-45, 1996
Neuringer, M. and W.E. Connor. n-3 fatty acids in the brain and retina: evidence for their essentiality. Nutrition Reviews 1986; 44(9): 285-289
Delarue J, Matzinger O, Binnert C, Schneiter P, Chiolero R, Tappy L. Fish oil prevents the adrenal activation elicited by mental stress in healthy men. Diabetes Metab. 2003; 29(3):289-95.
38. Hibbeln, J.R., N. Salem. Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids and depression: when cholesterol does not satisfy. Am J Clin Nutr 1995; 62: 1-9
Adams PB. Lawson S. Sanigorski A. Sinclair AJ. Arachidonic acid to eicosapentaenoic acid ratio in blood correlates positively with clinical symptoms of depression. Lipids. 1996; 31 Suppl:S157-61.
39. Tarasov IuA, Sheĭbak VM, Moĭseenok AG. [Adrenal cortex functional activity in pantothenate deficiency and the administration of the vitamin or its derivatives]. Vopr Pitan. 1985 Jul-Aug;(4):51-4.
40. Brody S, Preut R, Schommer K, Schürmeyer TH. A randomized controlled trial of high dose ascorbic acid for reduction of blood pressure, cortisol, and subjective responses to psychological stress. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002 Jan;159(3):319-24.
41. Kalman DS, Feldman S, Feldman R, Schwartz HI, Krieger DR, Garrison R.
Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutr J. 2008 Apr 21;7:11.
Garrison R, Chambliss WG. Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):50-4.
42. Das YT, Bagchi M, Bagchi D, Preuss HG. Safety of 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan. Toxicol Lett. 2004 Apr 15;150(1):111-22
Turner EH, Loftis JM, Blackwell AD. Serotonin a la carte: supplementation with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan. Pharacol Ther. 2006; 109(3):325-38.
Schruers K, van Diest R, Ncolson N, Criez E. L-5-hydroxytryptophan induced increase in salivary cortisol in panic disorder patients and healthy volunteers. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002; 161(4):365-9.
43. Panossian A, Wagner H. Stimulating effect of adaptogens: an overview with particular reference to their efficacy following single dose administration. Phytother Res. 2005; 19(10):819-38.
Deyama T, Nishebe S, Nakazawa Y. Constituents and pharmacological effects of Eucommia and Siberian ginseng. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2001; 22(12):1057-70.
Anon. Monograph. Eleutherococcus senticosus. Altern Med Rev. 2006; 11(2):151-5.
44. Kimura K, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. L-theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45.
Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8.
Bryan J. Psychological effects of dietary components of tea: caffeine and L-theanine.
Nutr Rev. 2008 Feb;66(2):82-90.
Haskell CF, Kennedy DO, Milne AL, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB. The effects of L-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and mood. Biol Psychol. 2008 Feb;77(2):113-22.
Lu K, Gray MA, Oliver C, Liley DT, Harrison BJ, Bartholomeusz CF, Phan KL, Nathan PJ. The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2004 Oct;19(7):457-65.
45. Panossian A, Wagner H. Stimulating effect of adaptogens: an overview with particular reference to their efficacy following single dose administration. Phytother Res. 2005; 19(10):819-38.
Shevtsov VA, Zholus BI, Shervarly VI, Vol'skij VB, Korovin YP, Khristich MP, Roslyakova NA, Wikman G. A randomized trial of two different doses of a SHR-5 Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work.
Phytomedicine. 2003 Mar;10(2-3):95-105.
Udintsev SN, Schakhov VP. Decrease of cyclophosphamide haematotoxicity by Rhodiola rosea root extract in mice with Ehrlich and Lewis transplantable tumors. Eur J Cancer 1991;27:1182
Bystritsky A, Kerwin L, Feusner JD. A pilot study of Rhodiola rosea (Rhodax) for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). J Altern Complement Med. 2008 Mar;14(2):175-80.
Darbinyan V, Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, Malmström C, Panossian A.
Clinical trial of Rhodiola rosea L. extract SHR-5 in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 2007;61(5):343-8.
Sarris J. Herbal medicines in the treatment of psychiatric disorders: a systematic review.
Phytother Res. 2007 Aug;21(8):703-16.
46. Iannello S, Belfiore F. Hypomagnesemia. A review of pathophysiological, clinical and therapeutical aspects. Panminerva Med. 2001 Sep;43(3):177-209.
Kara H, Sahin N, Ulusan V, Aydogdu T. Magnesium infusion reduces perioperative pain. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2002 Jan;19(1):52-6.
Pokan R, Hofmann P, von Duvillard SP, Smekal G, Wonisch M, Lettner K, Schmid P, Shechter M, Silver B, Bachl N. Oral magnesium therapy, exercise heart rate, exercise tolerance, and myocardial function in coronary artery disease patients. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9).
47. Kim WK, Jung JW, Ahn NY, Oh HR, Lee BK, Oh JK, Cheong JH, Chun HS, Ryu JH. Anxiolytic-like effects of extracts from Albizzia julibrissin bark in the elevated plus-maze in rats. Life Sci. 2004 Oct 22;75(23):2787-95
48. Chevalier V, Mormont MC, Curé H, Chollet P. Assessment of circadian rhythms by actimetry in healthy subjects and patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2003 May-Jun;10(3):733-7.
49. Jäger R, Purpura M, Kingsley M. Phospholipids and sports performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007 Jul 25;4:5.
Kingsley M. Effects of phosphatidylserine supplementation on exercising humans. Sports Med. 2006;36(8):657-69.
50. Bourne RS, Mills GH, Minelli C. Melatonin therapy to improve nocturnal sleep in critically ill patients: encouraging results from a small randomised controlled trial. Crit Care. 2008;12(2):R52.
Lewy AJ, Emens JS, Lefler BJ, Yuhas K, Jackman AR. Melatonin entrains free-running blind people according to a physiological dose-response curve. Chronobiol Int. 2005;22(6):1093-106.
Carr R, Wasdell MB, Hamilton D, Weiss MD, Freeman RD, Tai J, Rietveld WJ, Jan JE.
Long-term effectiveness outcome of melatonin therapy in children with treatment-resistant circadian rhythm sleep disorders. J Pineal Res. 2007 Nov;43(4):351-9.
51. Heinrichs M, Baumgartner T, Kirschbaum C, Ehlert U. Social support and oxytocin interact to suppress cortisol and subjective responses to psychosocial stress. Biol Psychiatry. 2003 Dec 15;54(12):1389-98.
52. DeVries AC, Glasper ER, Detillion CE. Social modulation of stress responses. Physiol Behav. 2003; 79(3): 399-407.
53. Block KI, Gyllenhaal C, Mead MN. Safety and efficacy of herbal sedatives in cancer care. Integr Cancer Ther. 2004 Jun;3(2):128-48.
Gyllenhaal C, Merritt SL, Peterson SD, Block KI, Gochenour T. Efficacy and safety of herbal stimulants and sedatives in sleep disorders. Sleep Med Rev. 2000 Jun;4(3):229-251.
Merritt SL, Gyllenhaal C, Peterson SD, Block KI, Gochenour T. Herbal remedies: efficacy in controlling sleepiness and promoting sleep. Nurse Pract Forum. 2000 Jun;11(2):87-100.
54. Davidson JR, MacLean AW, Brundage MD, Schulze K. Sleep disturbance in cancer patients. Soc Sci Med. 2002; 54(9):1309-21.
Carlson LE, Speca M, Patel KD, Goodey E. Mindfulness-based stress reduction in relation to quality of life, mood, symptoms of stress and levels of cortisol, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and melatonin in breast and prostate cancer outpatients. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2004 May;29(4):448-74.
Carlson LE, Speca M, Patel KD, Goodey E. Mindfulness-based stress reduction in relation to quality of life, mood, symptoms of stress, and immune parameters in breast and prostate cancer outpatients. Psychosom Med. 2003; 65(4):571-81.
Rosenbaum E, Gautier H, Fobair P, Neri E, Festa B, Hawn M, Andrews A, Hirshberger N, Selim S, Spiegel D. Cancer supportive care, improving the quality of life for cancer patients. A program evaluation report. Support Care Cancer. 2004; 12(5):293-301.
55. Sellick SM, Zaza C. Critical review of 5 nonpharmacologic strategies for managing cancer pain. Cancer Prev Control. 1998;2(1):7-14.
Burish TG, Jenkins RA. Effectiveness of biofeedback and relaxation training in reducing the side effects of cancer chemotherapy. Health Psychol. 1992;11(1):17-23..
Su XY, Tan Y, Zheng MC. Application of biofeedback relaxation techniques during chemotherapy. [Chinese] Zhonghua Hu Li Za Zhi. 1997; 32(11):627-9.
Berger AM, VonEssen S, Khun BR, Piper BF, Farr L, Agrawal S, Lynch JC, Higginbitham P. Feasibility of a sleep intervention during adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2002; 29(10): 1431-41.
Simeit R, Deck R, Conta-Marx B. Sleep management training for cancer patients with insomnia. Support Care Cancer. 2004; 12(3):176-83
Davidson JR, Waisberg JL, Brundage MD, MacLean AW. Nonpharmacologic group treatment of insomnia: a preliminary study with cancer survivors. Psychooncology. 2001;10(5):389-97.