1. Denberg TD, Melhado TV, Steiner JF. Patient treatment preferences in localized prostate carcinoma: The influence of emotion, misconception, and anecdote. Cancer. 2006 Aug 1;107(3):620-30.
2. Weil A. Spontaneous Healing. Ballantine Books, NY 1995.
3. Miller SM. Monitoring versus blunting styles of coping with cancer influence the information patients want and need about their disease. Implications for cancer screening and management. Cancer. 1995 Jul 15;76(2):167-77.
4. Block, PB. The perception of
cancer among recently diagnosed patients.
5. Geffen JR.
The journey through cancer.
Three Rivers Press,
6. Anon. Integration of behavioral and relaxation approaches into the treatment of chronic pain and insomnia. NIH Technology Assessment Panel on Integration of Behavioral and Relaxation Approaches into the Treatment of Chronic Pain and Insomnia. JAMA. 1996 Jul 24-31;276(4):313-8.
Harden RN, Houle TT, Green S, Remble TA, Weinland SR, Colio S, Lauzon J, Kuiken T. Biofeedback in the treatment of phantom limb pain: a time-series analysis. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2005 Mar;30(1):83-93.
7. Edgar LZ et al. Coping with cancer the first year after diagnosis. 1992. Cancer; 69(3):817-828.
8. Renzi C, Peticca L, Pescatori M. The use of relaxation techniques in the perioperative management of proctological patients: preliminary results. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2000 Nov;15(5-6):313-6.
9. Marchioro G, Azzarello G, Viviani F, Barbato F, Pavanetto M, Rosetti F, Pappagallo GL, Vinante O. Hypnosis in the treatment of anticipatory nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy. Oncology. 2000 Aug;59(2):100-4.
10. Buck R, Morley S. A daily process design study of attentional pain control strategies in the self-management of cancer pain. Eur J Pain. 2006 Jul;10(5):385-98.
11. NCCN. Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Adult cancer pain. v. 1.2008 Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/pain.pdf. Accessed June 16, 2008.
12. Eckert RM. Understanding anticipatory nausea. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2001 Nov-Dec;28(10):1553-8
13. Vinokur AD, Threatt BA, Vinokur-Kaplan D, Satariano WA. The process of recovery from breast cancer for younger and older patients. Changes during the first year. Cancer. 1990;65(5):1242-54.
Omne-Pontén M, Holmberg L, Burns T, Adami HO, Bergström R. Determinants of the psycho-social outcome after operation for breast cancer. Results of a prospective comparative interview study following mastectomy and breast conservation.
Eur J Cancer. 1992;28A(6-7):1062-7.
Passik S. Screening for depression in large ambulatory oncology network. ASBOA Presentation, Nov, 2000.
14. Sephton SE, Koopman C, Schaal M, Thoresen C, Spiegel D. Spiritual expression and immune status in women with metastatic breast cancer: an exploratory study. Breast J. 2001;(5):345-53.
Maugans TA. The SPIRITual history. Arch Fam Med. 1996;5(1):11-16.